Click any image to see our offerings of antenna cables with that connector type:
RF CONNECTORS’ Gender is often counterintuitive
- Reverse polarization: “RP”
- Gender of threaded connectors is counterintuitive because:
- The gender is referring to the pins inside–not the threads.
- This applies to all of the following: N, RP-SMA, RP-TNC, SMA, TNC
- RP-TNC-female has a pin
- RP-TNC-male has a socket
- TNC-female has a socket.
- TNC-male has a pin
Connectors with “RP” in the name are further complicated by the “reverse polarization” (RP):
- The pins are female when they appear to be male, and vice versa.
- If the documentation refers to the connector as “reverse ____”:
- This is the same as RP-____ (e.g, “reverse SMA” = RP-SMA)